Friday, March 18, 2011

Unusual Facts About Animals

Greetings fellow bloggers!
These past few days I’ve realized that it’s been a LONG time since I’ve last gone to the zoo. I can’t even remember when was the last time I’ve seen elephants, giraffes, monkeys, hippopotamus, (and the list goes on and on). I’ve almost forgotten how they look in real life – I still remember their general shape and look, I’ve just forgotten little details which make each animal special and unique, such as their height, the feel of their skin, and all these minor but meaningful features. I remember how much I loved going to see these animals, and how curious I used to become, carefully observing every movement the strange creatures in front of me made. In honor of these great memories, I decided to write an entry regarding unusual facts about different kinds of animals.
While searching for facts, I reached a website with the following url: http://www.talladam.com. The creator of this site is called Adam Whitehead; he is a wonderful artist/illustrator who creates pictures which are based on facts regarding many themes. From his large collection, I’ve chosen a few of my favorites images (about animals) which I will add to this blog post. However, the credit is all his.

Penguins are the only birds that can 
                                SWIM 
                                      but can't 
                                              FLY 






Cows produce more milk when
                                    LISTENING 
                                      to 
                                              MUSIC




Elephants are the ONLY mammals that 
          cannot 
                 JuMp



A duck's quack doesn't
                       echo
                           (echo)
                                (echo)
                                     (echo) 
                                           ...




The ONLY animal that can get a suntan is the....... PIG



Sheep can 
         RECOGNIZE
                   other sheep from 
                             PHOTOS             




There you have it - the funnest and most unknown info about animals. 
Hope you enjoyed! :) 

Izzie



No comments:

Post a Comment